View Profile Amni3D

11 Movie Reviews

Fun but too trope-y and inconsistent for my taste.
There are scenes where you show a stick figure, another where you show a fully featured human hand. There are scenes where they're just stick figures, and another where the have facial close ups. It comes off as off for me.

While I don't mind the over the top nature, I kind of expected it to go all "haha" and self aware with it. The blasted up licensed music playing *all* the time doesn't help either. The inconsistent subtitles and grammar errors cheapen the thing a little. I like my unapologetically shonen fights, but this is like drinking it black. The over the top-ness should be toned down a little, in my opinion. Or at least have a little bit *and I mean a little* self awareness.

There are times where I say that the animation is good, but I feel there's too much of an emphasis on vfx and screen shake, rather than raw animation.

It's enjoyable, but that enjoyment is hampered by what I mentioned above. But I did find it enjoyable over all, so in that, good job.

AliHaleem responds:

FIRST I WANT TO THANK YOU I RESPECT EVERY OPINION , THIS ANIMATION I MEAN SOME SCENES WERE MADE BEFORE ONE YEAR AGO AND SOME BEFORE 7 MONTHS I JUST LEFT IT AND I CAME BACK TO FINISH IT AND EDIT IT AND POST IT I HAVE IMPROVED A LOT , AND FOR THE ENGLISH GRAMMAR MISTAKES CAN YOU TELL ME THE MISTAKES PLEASE BECAUSE ENGLISH IS NOT MY MAIN AND I WANT TO KNOW THE MISTAKES. AND FOR THE BODY UPS I MADE IT LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT LOOKS MORE BADASS THE CHARACTER LOOKS HUGE AND BADASS BUT WHEN ANIMATING IT OR THE CAMERA IS FAR I MAKE IT NORMAL .. I WILL DO MY BEST IN PART 4.🌺🌷

I was hoping once he put the ink in, the printer just starts spewing out crap from the queue that couldn't get printed from like a week ago.

I loved the jokes, yet it all stays true to reality. BRB, need to get cyan ink to print black text.

Ah man, I miss Sir J. Pleasantly surprised I get to see his name on Newground's front page. Really underrated stuff, between his reimaginings and original works.
As usual with Sonic Paradox, despite all the animators and shifting styles, it remains enjoyable through out.

17 Game Reviews

My biggest problem with this is probably the fact that for a web game, it's too heavy. Your game needs to target the IGPU crowd if you're releasing a web game IMO. And you could probably do that here while keeping most of the visuals in tact. There should be a resolution slider, or at least an option to turn off post process and antialiasing under graphics. A good first impression isn't having it run at like 5fps in the main menu.

The music's good. The visuals just look like rainbow road, however. It's not crazy original, but it looks fine.

I don't think there's a point for this game to lock your cursor considering it doesn't use it at all, though. I think it's okay.

Reminds me a lot of Canabalt. The visuals aren't uber detailed, but get a feeling across. The music is neat, and the changing music was a neat call.
It is a bit too far into the simple side. And it's a bit too much of a literal take on the "run and jump" endless runner idea. It's okay, but it's too basic.

Pretty fun, although I think that the game needs some spice to sustain itself for the longer levels. While I appreciate not making the enemies pure bullet sponges, it does end up becoming button mashy due to how frantic the combat gets. And for that, I feel that controller support would've been a good touch there, as it's a bit uncomfortable on keyboard after a while. The game feels in some ways mechanically better and worse than the games its inspired off of. It feels more free form, and one of your best calls in this game is the near dodge. Where in other games a time stop effect works about as what you'd expect, here it's just an added layer of spice that's there to tell you "this guy is so good, he stopped time" and it's so over the top I love it.

I really liked the air of over the top humor on top of it too. All in all, I thought it was fun. Although I think the levels could've used more tropes in specific, to make it feel more varied. I like my beat-em-ups, but pacing is important too. And to do that you'll need to switch it up from just "fight more" at times. It's fun, but it gets repetitive.

PS: Newgrounds version took forever to load, while Itch.io version loaded really fast for me.

FuturecopLGF responds:

Cheers for the detailed feedback! Very true, I do feel like I could've done more to spice it up with a few more unique enemy types or environments, looking back at it. At times I might've made it a bit too possible to just button mash as well, leading to even more repetitive feelings. Gotta get better at project design and management in the future so I don't have to cut as much.

Gamepad integration was one of the things I sadly wasn't able to do well due to being on such an outdated codebase (actionscript 2.0) and not moving porting to a newer one. That's what I get from digging up this decade-old abandoned project; next time I'm gonna stick with more modern codebases and finish it quicker!

4 Art Reviews

As much as I love a texture painted look, it does come at an issue of how much is going to be painted and how much is going to be dynamic. The hair looks really off in motion, but looks fine in one view point. I think either the crystal material in her hair should be down played, or a shader should be what determines its gloss.

Painted textures often look amazing in one camera angle, but the illusion breaks in motion. So I think the solution lies in determining how you'll weigh what's baked/ painted and what's not. You can still have both, but it's kind of about priorities.

I think something like a boxmap reflection for her hair could work by itself, even.

I like the texture painting. Although, I do think the scarf would look better if it was the same color as her belt, but that's just a thought.

Really like the style. I think this would look really good in a scene with other characters and the right animation to bring it to life.

Love the character design here. It's probably what makes this so good.

Jack of all trades. Developing stuff hopefully you find cool too.

n/a